Rainbow/Spring Mountain- Retail Specialist
The Retail Specialist exceeds customer expectations by providing fast, genuinely friendly customer service and by ensuring that doughnuts are fresh, meeting Krispy Kreme standards and exceeding customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Greets customers in accordance with Krispy Kreme standards of customer service.
• Fills customer orders by obtaining items from shelves, coolers, bins, tables, or containers and dispenses beverages.
• Handles difficult customer situations professionally.
• Exhibits suggested selling behaviors such as: second dozens, up-selling other products, and up-selling sizes.
• Operates the POS system per standards identified in the Employee Training Manual.
• Operates other retail equipment, e.g. coffee and soda machines, in the proper manner.
• Operates drive-thru equipment (POS and headsets) to achieve an average drive-thru time of 30 seconds or less.
• Redeems promotional coupons and collects cash and/or initiates credit card charge payments from customers and makes accurate change for cash transactions.
• Cleans/stocks doughnut shelves and marks prices on merchandise items.
• Counts money in cash drawer at beginning and end of work shift.
• Maintains a clean, neat uniform at all times including a name tag.
• Handles products per procedure identified in the Employee Training Manual.
• Utilizes proper cleaning techniques as identified in the Employee Training Manual.
• Complies with sanitation standards per Health Code and Third Party Auditor standards.
• Acts as a team player through the standards identified in the Employee Training Manual.
• Performs cleaning checks of lobby, bathrooms, and trash areas on a consistent basis.
• Catches, trays, and boxes doughnuts off the line as needed.
• Completes assigned secondary duties.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 100% knowledge of specific department standards that affect their position.
• Ability to work in any department that may coincide with their position.
• Ability to learn quickly, teach successfully and execute efficiently and effectively.
• Must have valid health card in applicable states
• Able to successfully pass background investigation
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); prefer 3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of Westward Dough Operating Company, LLC/Krispy Kreme.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Commitment to teamwork, a clean, professional appearance, and enthusiasm; a desire to take on more responsibility.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moderate heat. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, see, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 10 pounds. Regular use of hands to finger, firmly grasp, handle, feel, reach above the shoulder, and reach below the waist is required.
The above job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.